Friday 1 April 2016

A - A to Z Challenge, cross stitch style

A is for Abra and Anna

And we're off.  Good luck everyone!

For the A to Z Blog challenge, I'm stitching two of the Alphabet patterns available from my Etsy Store, Fangirl Stitches.

Today's A progress:
Pokémon Alphabet
A is for Abra.  He was always one of my favourite Pokémon when I used to play the Red or Blue versions.  Hard to catch because he kept transporting, and I always felt so successful when I finally managed to trap him.  Putting him to sleep was a good trick.

Supernatural Alphabet
A is for Anna Milton the Angel.  I really liked her character when she first appeared in the series - finally another strong female character.  Which of course meant she wasn't around for too long.  Ever since the eldest of my three brothers pointed out that Supernatural seem to kill off all their strong female leads , it's been really obvious and really bugging me.  I'm several seasons behind the current story line (as in I'm still watching season 7 and I think it's up to about 11 now) so maybe things will change in the future.... I'll have to wait and see.

Over on my other blog Travel Like A Geek I'm talking about my adventures to different Harry Potter film locations around the UK and Ireland.  Today is A for Alnwick Castle.  Please stop by and check it out.

Are you cross stitching for the A to Z Challenge?  Please let me know so I can come and admire your progress! 

Happy stitching (and blogging!)

Ros of Fangirl Stitches

17 comments:

  1. Hi Ros, Following your progress through the A-Z challenge again this year. I am not cross stitching but it may be something I do some day. I sew which takes up a lot of my free time.

    Sean at His and Her Hobbies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sean. Welcome back :) I know what you mean - I'm the same with learning to sew - would like to learn but don't have the spare time around cross stitching!

      Ros
      Fangirl Stitches
      Travel like a Geek

      Delete
  2. great start. you are very impressive to be doing 2 figures and 2 blogs All the best

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never played Pokemon, but I am happy to get some gift ideas, because I like to stitch and so many of my friends play it :)
    Supernatural, on the other hand, I know well. I liked Anna too! And yes, the killing-and-torturing women trend only got worse in later seasons... although I hear they are trying to rein it in now. About time...
    Happy A to Z! :)

    @TarkabarkaHolgy from
    The Multicolored Diary
    MopDog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I have patterns for the first 4 generations on my blog so lots of opportunities to create gifts for friends ;) I'm glad to hear they are trying to rein in the whole kill-off-the-women thing. As I was drawing up the pattern, I was shocked by how many of the characters were dead

      Ros
      Fangirl Stitches
      Travel like a Geek

      Delete
  4. How long does it take you to make each one? Great progress already just on day one of the challenge! My first post is up as well over at Ink & Stitches: http://blog.jhwinter.com. My topic is "A is for Amigurumi". Come have a look! Looking forward to "B"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm varies depending on the amount of backstitch, although I'm doing cheaty-quick back-stitch on this one to save me a bit of time! It's probably a couple of hours for the Pokemon, and 3 or so for the Supernatural ones. I enjoyed your A post :)

      Delete
  5. Great Theme, my kids LOVE Pokemon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great starts on both pieces Roslyn. They look like they are fun to stitch. I went over to your other blog and really enjoyed your A post.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda. They really are :) The Pokemon ones have been easy to do in the car or on the train because they don't have any backstitch, and with the boarders are easier to count.
      Ros
      Fangirl Stitches
      Travel like a Geek

      Delete
  7. Your talent is amazing. Can't wait to see more...I love this. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tabitha :) I really enjoy it - it's my destresser

      Delete
  8. Lovely stitching! I'm going to have to keep my son away from seeing the Pokemon alphabet, because he'll want me to stitch that next. Maybe next year! 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Hehehe - don't let him see the complete 151 Pokemon pattern either then or you'll really be in trouble!

      Delete