Friday 15 April 2016

M - A-Z Cross Stitch Style

M is for Magikarp and Meg



Today is M, the half-way point in the A-Z Challenge. 13 posts down, 13 to go. For the challenge I'm cross stitching two of my alphabet patterns - a Pokemon one and a Supernatural one.  Both patterns (plus may others) are available from my Etsy store.  

The Pokémon Alphabet
M is for Magikarp, the fish and most useless Pokémon around.  Honestly.  All he can do is "splash", which is useless and ineffective against even the weakest of Pokémon.  The only way to push Magikarp through the levels to his evolution was to send him out first, and then immediately swap him for another Pokémon - that way he received XP (points) even though he did nothing.  His evolution is pretty cool - the water dragon Gyarados.  My sister-in-law has a t-shirt with the picture below on it:
Image from www.levelupstudios.com
The Supernatural Alphabet
M is for Meg Masters.  Demon-possessed Meg appears in this incarnation (blond hair) in season 1, before being exorcised by Dean and Sam.  As is always the way, Meg reappears in later seasons, played by another actress (because the demon went and infected someone else... as they do...).  I outlined the eyes on this figure to make them appear darker, indicating the black-eyed look of demons in the Supernatural TV series.

Over at Travel Like A Geek I am working my way through an A-Z of the filming locations used in the Harry Potter series.   K is for Kings Cross Station - home of platform 9 3/4.

I was feeling a lot more caught-up this week - I got ahead on the Supernatural stitching last weekend, and was only needing to work on the Pokémon one this week.  I'm going to have to spend most of this weekend stitching though as I'm no longer ahead.  I'll get there - it's halfway done after all! 

Happy stitching

Ros

5 comments:

  1. I'm with you Ros. I am wayyyyyy behind. Lovely stitching.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. what was so cool is when I visited said sister in law yesterday (which was the M day) she was wearing the t shirt. How coincidental was that. I should have taken a photo. By the time Ros got here for dinner Ash had changed but..... it was cool

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ros - I'm so sorry I haven't visited before because I am always amazed by your wonderful A-Z Challenge posts. The stitching is enough by itself but you also have such good tales to tell and today's post is no exception :) I'm making the excuse it's because I signed up to be a helper this time round but believe me I'll be back to visit through the second half!
    Pempi
    A Stormy Sidekick
    Special Teaching at Pempi’s Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha :) Don't worry - I know how it can be!

      Delete