Saturday 30 April 2016

Z - A-Z Cross Stitch Style

Z is for Zubat and Zacariah

It's the last day, the end of the challenge - hurray! We’re up to Z in the A-Z Challenge.  I'm cross stitching two of my alphabet patterns for the challenge - a Pokemon one and a Supernatural one.  Both patterns (plus may others) are available from my Etsy store.  

The Pokemn Alphabet
Z is for Zubat the bat.  I liked Zubat.  He was a bit creepy but fun, and different from the Pokemon you'd been able to catch up to that point.  Zubat was usually one that remained in my game line-up - because he's caught so early in the game, he was usually one of my stronger, and reasonably good against most Pokemon types.

The Supernatural Alphabet
Z is for Zachariah, the last of the angels in this alphabet (and the last character).  I mentioned back in the U post about how over the whole angels-are-focused-and-evil storyline.  As one of the earlier angels, I didn't mind Zacariah's storyline - and if the writers had left it there, that would have been great.  They've just carried it on too long now.  I've also just realised that the angels are one of the few characters who stay dead when they die (apart from Castiel).

Over at Travel Like A Geek I've been working my way through an A-Z of the filming locations used in the Harry Potter series.  Z is for London Zoo.

Well that was an insane, whirlwind month.  I didn't get to visit nearly as many blogs as I'd hoped, so will have to spend some time on the Road-Trip trail over the next few weeks.  Thanks to everyone who stopped by and left comments.  And to those who just stopped by and didn't leave comments.  I've learnt my lesson and will not be doing two alphabets plus a second blog ever again!  Although I did have fun working on both projects.  Check back in a couple of days for my reflections post, when I'll be sharing the finished pictures - maybe even framed (if I can get to the shops to buy appropriate sized frames in time!)

Happy Stitching


Ros

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on finishing your three challenges! I have been reading but not commenting which is actually very rude of me, especially considering you have been so good to me. When I get time (yeah, right!) I'll go back and review all of your A-Zs, probably with my son who seems to know everything there is to know about Pokemon! Afterall, it's never too late to leave a comment. I'll also look forward to seeing the finished pieces and the projects you will be working on now that April is OVER!! Time to rest your hands and needles for a few days first though I think! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on finishing the challenge Roz. I have really enjoyed reading your posts everyday. Looking forward to seeing your finished pieces.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on completing the challenge. I'll definitely be back to check out your future stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific job, Roslyn! I can't believe how much stitching you got done with this challenge.
    I really enjoyed reading your posts and definitely may have to stitch that Pokemon alphabet.
    Congrats on finishing the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on finishing, I can't wait to see your finished pieces:)

    ReplyDelete