Friday 6 May 2016

Exciting Announcements!

I survived the A-Z challenge for a second year.  This post is nothing to do with that though.  I'm hoping to have some time on Sunday to sit down and reflect on the A-Z Challenge, and write my post sharing my finished pieces, my experiences of the challenge, and my favourite blogs.


My big news is that I'm going to be having a stall at a couple of markets/conventions in the next month - hurray!  I've been busily trying to find where I stashed everything after the move, as well as update and finish-off some new patterns (which I will hopefully have up on Etsy soon) ready for display at the stalls.


Firstly, I will be at the House of Fandom Markets in Brisbane on Saturday 7th May (tomorrow). 
The Fortitude Valley Markets are combining forces with House of Fandom for a huge pop culture & alternative market in the Brunswick St Mall.  Complete with cosplay parade, comic book stalls, kawaii gifts, game traders and more - these markets are set to be an outstanding day of fandom fun.
If you are a Brisbanite, it sounds like it will be a lot of fun and a lot of fantastic hand-made fandom stalls will be there, as well as people selling games, toys, and the POP figurines.


 Secondly - Melbourne, I'm heading your way!  I've just (as in, in the last week) found out that I have been accepted to have a stall at Oz Comic Con!  Melbourne's Oz Comic Con is on 11-12 June - so I've been madly booking flights, organising accommodation, wrangling helpers (the eldest of my 3 brothers) and geeking out over the guest list - John Barrowman (Torchwood) will be there!!!  Just a tad excited.


Thirdly - I'll be back at Brisbane's Oz Comic Con.  That isn't until September, so I have plenty of time to prep and breath before then.


I'm off to finish prepping.


Happy stitching,


Ros

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations - that's three great achievements! I hope you do really well from them.
    Call me silly, but I've now linked you to your etsy shop! I love all your Pokemon charts but by the time I get round to stitching them my son will have outgrown them. Still doesn't stop me having them on my favourites list though! :)

    ReplyDelete