Wednesday 15 February 2017

WIP Wednesday

I'm going to try and post on a Wednesday about projects I'm currently working on.  We'll see how long it lasts!
Pillar Box by Yvette Jordan
I recently pulled out Pillar Box, one of the London Ladies collection by Yvette Jordan.  I started this piece, oh, nearly 3 years ago I think.  I worked on it for a few weeks (maybe) before putting it away and working on another piece, (probably one of my own).  After working on so many of my own designs in quick succession (see my last post), I decided I wanted a brain break.  I wanted to work on someone else's design, a different style with different techniques.  More importantly I wanted to just be able to pick up a pattern and stitch without questioning if the pattern was right or if stitches were missing or if the colours worked or if I needed to alter the backstitching or the layout etc. etc.  I wanted to stitch and not think AT ALL for a change.   I should have taken a photo when I pulled her out of the packet again (not even half the first page was done).  In the last couple of weeks I've finished the first page, started on the backstitch for that page, and am about 1/8 of the way through both pages 2 and 3.  I'm working on stitching 10x10 boxes at a time, but because it's not a technique I usually use (no point with my patterns) I'm not very disciplined about it yet.

My secret project
I've ruled up the aida for a new project, and started stitching it.  It's going to be a friend's (belated) birthday present, and may end up my project for the A to Z challenge - still deciding...  I'll probably share backside progress shots, particularly once it becomes more obvious what this is meant to be!

Happy stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment