Tuesday 25 April 2017

U is for Charles Gunn

This month I'm participating in A to Z Challenge, where 100's of bloggers around the world challenge themselves to write every day for the month of April, working their way through the alphabet.  I'm stitching the Buffy The Vampire Slayer alphabet cross stitch pattern (available from my Etsy store).  Each day I will share that letter's stitching, as well as a bit about the relevant character.

U is for Charles Gunn (there's a U in his name.  I know, it's a real stretch)

Charles Gunn was born in Los Angeles.  In his teenage years, Gunn rose through the ranks of a local gang to become their leader.  This gang was familiar with the world of vampires, and protected their turf from the undead.  Gunn witnessed Angel fighting and, recognising he was a vampire, attempted to dust him.  Gunn eventually joined forces with Angel, becoming a full-time employee of Angel Investigations, both as a fighter, and as the guru of local knowledge.  

Once again, Gunn is a character who only ever appeared on Angel and so my memory of him is rather vague.  He was a street fighter and leader in his own right, which gave him the ground and strength to stand up to Angel when needed, as well as to fight the forces of evil.  I remember liking Gunn, but not as much as the characters I was more familiar with from Buffy.  I'd like to hear your opinions of him though!

Happy Stitching.

8 comments:

  1. Sorry, it's been years since I've seen Angel. I must have a binge! Nice cross stitch, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, me too! I need to find them on DVD or a streaming service and catch up.

      Delete
  2. He even dated Fred for a while (Winnifred, aka Ilyria or however you spell it :P )...of course so did Wesley, so that made them rivals for a while. He also became a lawyer, because someone inside Wolfram & Hart made sure he had the knowledge he needed to pass the bar exam. Just a little bit of trivia to help you get to know Gunn better! Oh, and no one ever called him by his first name, just his last (kinda like Tonks in the Harry Potter series), except for Fred. She always called him Charles. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, I never watched Angel. As much as I loved Buffy, I just never got around to it. It's actually been in my Netflix queue for years now!
    #HotMan Underwear Models

    ~Katie
    TheCyborgMom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gunn was a good character, not flashy but someone I felt people could really count on. Give Angel a try; it's one of the few spin-offs that actually worked quite well. I have to admit I liked Angel more than I liked the sixth season of Buffy. That one was grim.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did like Gunn as a character, but reading this had reminded me of how long it's been since I've seen Angel. Time to pull out the old Netflix!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tara was born in 1980 to a family familiar with the world of demons and the supernatural.

    ผลบอลเมื่อ

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank for providing good information for site,Thanks for your sharing.

    ดูหนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete